Program of Study
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) who have an active license, one year of nursing experience and are in good professional standing, may apply for advanced placement into the Nursing program. LPNs are required to complete the program prerequisites courses and general education courses. Upon completion of the program prerequisite courses with a grade of "C" or better, the LPN may apply for admission to the Nursing program. BIO 1230 and BIO 1235 must be completed prior to enrolling in NUR 1131 , NUR 1134 , and NUR 1135 . BIO 1240 and BIO 1245 must be completed before the second semester of the Nursing program.
Upon successful completion of the following courses, NUR 1131 , NUR 1134 , and NUR 1135 with a "C" or better, the LPN will be given credit for the following Nursing courses: NUR 1110 , NUR 1113 , NUR 1125 , and NUR 1050 .
The faculty has identified the following Learning Outcomes for all graduates:
- Demonstrate autonomy in completing physical, psychosocial and spiritual assessments of patients.
- Plan and implement an individualized plan of care using evidence based practice and technology for patients across the life span.
- Assess and integrate the educational needs of patients in the promotion, maintenance, and restoration of health.
- Practice within the realm of the professional nurse as defined by law and guided by ethics.
- Deliver safe, patient centered care in a manner that is sensitive to the patient's cultural diversity.