Aug 19, 2018
Program of Study
The Marketing program is designed to fulfill the needs of two groups of individuals: students who intend to explore career opportunities in marketing-related fields, and students who are presently working in business who desire to supplement their practical experience with an effective marketing education.. Terra State’s Marketing to some, may mean price, product, place, and promotion. To others, marketing means all that is involved in sales and distribution.
The faculty has identified the following Learning Outcomes for all graduates:
- Apply appropriate technology for business, communication, computation, and presentation.
- Apply and analyze marketing concepts for an organization in a given business environment.
- Explain the use of marketing to effectively integrate that knowledge into the management of business.
- Explain the importance of sales and management of sales teams within a business organization.
- Explain how to manage the marketing, financial, legal, and global aspects of running a business.
- Employ professional and human relations skills that are necessary in working with both business clients and personal consumers.
- Retail Management
- Retail/Wholesale Buyer
- Rental Sales Worker Supervisor and Manager
- Demonstrator and Product Promoter
- Insurance Agent
- Manufacturers’ and Wholesale Representative
- Mortgage Placer
- Director or Manager
- Travel Agent
Total Technical Credit Hours: 31
General Education and Related Courses
Total General Education and Related Credit Hours: 32
Total Credit Hours: 63
All students graduating from Terra State Community College with an Associate degree of any kind will be functionally proficient in common computer operations and applications. Please see your academic advisor or academic division office for further details.
See your advisor for appropriate course selection.