Aug 26, 2019
Program of Study
The career field of Business Management requires the setting of goals for a business and then coordinating the various resources of the organization to meet these goals. Terra State's Business Management program provides a well-rounded background in the various business disciples with a focus on accounting, management, marketing, computer skills, as well as general math, communication, and business social skills.
The faculty has identified the following Learning Outcomes for all graduates:
- Apply appropriate technology for business communication, computation, and presentation.
- Analyze the changing contemporary business environment.
- Define how elements of the legal environment impact business.
- Distinguish and explain the primary functions within business such as management, human resources, business law, marketing, and accounting to achieve organizational goals.
- Apply and analyze marketing concepts for an organization in a given business environment.
- Critically evaluate business plans and describe the process required to start, operate, and measure the results of small business.
- Government Executive
- Hotel Manager
- Industrial Production Manager
- Property Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Public Relations Manager
Total Technical Credit Hours: 32
General Education and Related Courses
Total General Education and Related Credit Hours: 29
Total Credit Hours: 61
All students graduating from Terra State Community College with an Associate degree of any kind will be functionally proficient in common computer operations and applications. Please see your academic advisor or academic division office for further details.
See your advisor for appropriate course selection.