Program of Study
The career field of Business Management requires the setting of goals for a business and then coordinating the various resources of the organization to meet these goals. Terra State’s Business Management program provides a well-rounded background in the various business disciples with a focus on accounting, management, marketing, computer skills, as well as general math, communication, and business social skills.
The faculty has identified the following Learning Outcomes for all graduates:
- Apply appropriate technology for business communication, computation, and presentation.
- Analyze the changing contemporary business environment.
- Define how elements of the legal environment impact business.
- Distinguish and explain the primary functions within business such as management, human resources, business law, marketing, and accounting to achieve organizational goals.
- Apply and analyze marketing concepts for an organization in a given business environment.
- Critically evaluate business plans and describe the process required to start, operate, and measure the results of small business.
- Government Executive
- Hotel Manager
- Industrial Production Manager
- Property Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Public Relations Manager